The all-new Note e-POWER presents a bold design, thrilling acceleration, and a stylish and spacious interior alongside smart safety technologies
Singapore, 4 March 2021 – Nissan and Tan Chong Motor Sales, the exclusive distributor of Japanese carmaker Nissan passenger and light commercial vehicles in Singapore, today launched the third e-POWER model in the country, the all-new Nissan Note e-POWER.
The all-new Note e-POWER joins the Serena e-POWER and Kicks e-POWER, which were introduced in 2019 and 2020, respectively. The vehicles are powered exclusively by Nissan’s e-POWER electrified powertrain that offers 100% electric motor drive, but without the restraint of battery charge.
“Nissan aims to deliver the excitement and benefit of electrified vehicles to as many people as possible”, said Isao Sekiguchi, Regional Vice President for Nissan in ASEAN. “The launch of the all-new Nissan Note e-POWER in Singapore is a further testament to Nissan’s commitment to make electrified vehicles more accessible.”
In Singapore, the Note e-POWER will complement the two e-POWER vehicles, which have already contributed to almost 50% of total Nissan passenger vehicle sales. The Note e-POWER is a hatchback with a bold, futuristic design, offering an exciting drive, for those not afraid to set trends.
“The all-new Note e-POWER has an eye-catchingly bold new design inside and out. Its sleek, futuristic exterior is matched by a spacious interior featuring state-of-the-art technology. It’s suitable for trendy, active people and young families, with premium features such as Zero Gravity seats, advanced safety technology and driver alert systems. It not only looks a lot more fashionable and premium than before; it has unbeatable features, including excellent fuel economy for a compact hatchback,” said Mr Glenn Tan, Deputy Chairman and Managing Director, Tan Chong International Limited.
“For the driver, the Note e-POWER offers a unique and rewarding driving experience, and accelerates instantly and smoothly. It also operates very quietly, much like a full-EV, but doesn’t require plug-in charging. It’s perfect for those looking for a stylish yet fuss-free and economical city runabout.”
The all-new Note e-POWER features the second generation of Nissan’s acclaimed e-POWER electrified powertrain.
The second-generation e-POWER system has an all-new electric motor and inverter. Electric motor torque has been increased by 10%, delivering powerful, thrilling acceleration from a standing start or when overtaking. This is also achieved thanks to the new inverter, which is 40% smaller and 30% lighter. The e-POWER system is now tuned to achieve smoother acceleration and significantly improve cabin quietness.
The onboard petrol engine used to charge the high-output battery when necessary is also more efficient resulting in both increased charging power and better fuel economy than the previous-generation e-POWER system. The engine now operates at a lower RPM and is engaged less often during a typical drive. Coupled with enhanced insulation in the vehicle body, this results in quietness that is a class above other compact cars.
As a world-first, electrical energy generation is controlled according to road conditions. The system is tuned to charge so that when road conditions are noisier, the engine switches on to charge the e-POWER battery pack. This helps to mask the noise from the petrol engine when charging, adding to the many features that allow the car to achieve a superbly quiet drive.
A Design That Breaks With Compact Car Norms
The all-new Note e-POWER showcases Nissan’s latest design concept – Timeless Japanese Futurism – first teased on the IMk Concept, and also featured on the all-electric Ariya. The Ariya made its global debut in 2020. Timeless Japanese Futurism is a way for Nissan to maintain elements of Japanese DNA, reimagined and refreshed.
The simple, yet powerfully modern and distinctive Japanese approach sets the all-new Note e-POWER apart from other compact cars. Nissan’s signature V-motion grille crowns the exterior, forming a strong V-line under the slim-line headlamps. The front grille pattern draws from traditional Japanese design, conveying an artisan touch. Bookending the grille are sleek headlamps featuring four in-line LED projector lights, which keep the front sharp and sporty.
Character lines extend from the front, carving the side profile and transitioning through the slim, horizontally-continuous rear combination lamps.
16-inch wheels, with fan-blade design, complete the Note e-POWER’s agile and youthful look.
The model comes with 11 available body colour variations, including two two-tone options and an eye-catching Vivid Blue. Also available is the new colour Opera Mauve, specially created for the all-new Note e-POWER.
Comfortable, Spacious Interior With a Touch of Technology
The all-new Note e-POWER defies preconceptions about compact car interiors by minimising the footprint of components while increasing comfort and technology. The centre console is positioned for easy access to the downsized electronic shift lever and opens space below it.
Zero Gravity seats, which alleviate fatigue for drivers and passengers, and large armrests, offer enhanced comfort on long-distance trips. In the rear, the space far exceeds segment norms, with plenty of headroom and legroom as well as reclining seatbacks. The rear hatch has a wide opening to a spacious 340-litre boot, making loading and unloading an easier experience. With the rear seatbacks folded down, boot space is expanded to 670 litres.State-of-the-art technology ensures information is readily available, clear, and readable at a glance. Upon entry, the driver is greeted by the large 7-inch digital integrated display interface that presents vehicle information in a seamless landscape orientation. A 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity affords drivers a smarter, safer way to get directions, make calls, send and receive messages, and enjoy their favourite music on the go.
360 Degrees of Advanced Safety Technology
The all-new Note e-POWER’s advanced safety technology offers 360 degrees of coverage to give drivers added assistance and peace of mind on the road. As a first for Nissan, 1,470 MPa ultra-high tensile steel has been adopted in the vehicle chassis, contributing to both weight reduction and improved passive safety performance, reducing the impact of an accident or the level of injury.
A pillar of Nissan Intelligent Mobility, an impressive suite of Nissan Intelligent Driving features is available as standard on the all-new Note e-POWER.
1. Intelligent Driver Alertness While driving at a speed of 60km/h or higher, the system monitors steering input patterns by the driver. If the system determines that driving behaviour is consistent with drowsy or inattentive driving, based on changes in smoothness of the steering operation, it generates an audible chime and a message in the multi-information display to prompt the driver to take a break.
2. Intelligent Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection If the system determines that there is a risk of colliding with a vehicle or pedestrian in front of the vehicle, it will alert the driver through visual and audio alerts and apply light, automatic braking. This is to prompt the driver to take action to avoid a collision. If the driver does not take action to decelerate and the risk of a collision increases, the system will apply automatic emergency braking immediately before the collision. This will help to avoid or reduce the damage caused by the collision.
3. Intelligent Forward Collision Warning The system uses a radar sensor located in the front of the vehicle to detect the distances between the two cars ahead, as well as their relative speed. This allows the system to assess the situation in front of the vehicle. If the system determines that the vehicle needs to slow down due to a sudden change with the vehicles ahead, it prompts the driver by blinking the vehicle ahead detection indicator and sounding an audible alert.
4. Intelligent Rearview Mirror Visibility offered by a regular rearview mirror has limitations. The view may be obstructed by passengers in the rear or reduced due to night-time conditions or bad weather, making it difficult for the driver to see the rear view. Nissan has developed a rearview mirror with a built-in LCD monitor displaying images from a camera mounted on the rear of the vehicle. It allows the driver the ability to switch between the LCD monitor and the standard rearview mirror, depending on the driver's preference. This helps make for a safer and more comfortable driving experience.
5. Lane Departure Warning The system visually monitors the left and right-side lane markers of the driving lane. If there is a risk of the vehicle leaving the driving lane unintended, the system flashes an indicator and sounds a warning chime.
6. Intelligent Lane Intervention The system uses a camera to confirm whether the vehicle is within the white (or yellow) lane markers. If there is a risk of leaving the driving lane (except when the driver uses the turn indicators), the system displays an alert on the dashboard and plays a warning chime. The system also assists the driver to avoid leaving the driving lane by applying braking force to each wheel.
7. Intelligent Trace Control Intelligent Trace Control can engage at any point in the corner (entry, mid-corner, or exit) if it determines that the vehicle is departing from steered path. By automatically and smoothly applying small amounts of braking to individual wheels, the system corrects the vehicle trajectory to match the driver’s commands, so the driver can maintain confidence while cornering.
Nissan Intelligent Driving helps give drivers more confidence through enhanced safety, control, and comfort. The all-new Note e-POWER also comes standard with seven airbags – driver’s, driver's knee, front passenger, side and curtain airbags – to lessen and safely distribute the various forces that act on vehicle occupants in the event of a collision.
Available for Booking
The all-new Nissan Note e-POWER is available in two variants – Lite and Premium – and retails from $99,800 (inclusive of COE and complimentary servicing up to 50,000km) from today (4 March 2021) until 17 March 2021, 12pm. Terms and conditions apply.